Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4--heather

Today I got my crown for the implant, and I'm so stinking happy! For the first time in memory, I have a full mouth of healthy teeth. Isn't that great?! OK, it might not seem like a big deal to those of you (ahem, Nikki) who have never had a CAVITY, but for someone with four root canals and an implant, it feels amazing. From nine until 25 I literally couldn't chew using my back teeth because my molars were just circles of teeth with nothing in the middle. Yeah, seriously. It cost about $15,000 out of pocket, but really, it's been worth every penny.

As I was about to leave, I asked when I was due for a cleaning. Apparently that was last month (ay), and she said she could get me in RIGHT then because of a cancellation. Woohoo! It wasn't a lot of fun, but she said I obviously do a good job brushing and flossing because I had no cavities, no plaque and a leeeeetle tartar on front bottom teeth where apparently it's really common to get it.

Did I say yay?

Yay!!

Breakfast:
green smoothie (175)
chocolate cupcake (200)
What a combination, eh?

Lunch:
eggs (200)
jam and bread (100)
pasta (50)

Afternoon snack:
green smoothie (175)
banana (80)
jam and bread (75)

Dinner:
dried apricots (100)
Chicken fajitas (250)
peach (50)

Evening snack:
pumpkin pie (400)
chocolate (100)

Water:
10

Fruits and veg:
16

Exercise:
step (575)

Total calories:
1955

Weight:
135.4 I decided not to mess with what it says since this is the scale I've used for the last seven months; it's relatively consistent for both myself and the kids, and that's what really matters.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Ah yes, thanks for the fact that you may have just guilted me into going to the dentist!

But more importantly, is that actual pumpkin pie I see on that list???

heather said...

Eh, just think of it as a little push in the right direction. Except for that whole tartar scraping thing, I don't so much mind going to the dentist!

heather said...

Oh yes, it is pie. We had a whole one, so there was pie three days in a row!

Nicole said...

Ooooh, pumpkin pie! I'm so proud! And suddenly compelled to bake... good thing I don't have any pie crusts around here... muahahaha...