Saturday, February 14, 2009

Who Says Mac and Cheese Doesn’t Fix Life’s Problems?

February 4, 2009 – Nicole’s Food Log

Ever have one of those days where you’ve completely fallen down the rabbit hole?

Yeah, that was today… A perfectly nice, happy, normal day until it all went to hell.

And not hell in that “Everything bad that could happen did” kinda way.

No, that would be way too normal.

I mean hell in that “one person said one thing that probably wasn’t really so bad, but then it made the rest of the day spiral into damn the world sucks and everything’s miserable and and and…” kinda way.

There are five ways out of a spiral like that: A sufficient distraction; working out; sleeping it off; booze; or mac and cheese.

Some people say that “eating your feelings only makes things worse.”

Liars.

Those people just haven’t found proper food. Hahaha…

Anyhow, after a crappy day in which I just wanted to curl up and cry for hours, I can proudly say that curling up with Kraft Deluxe made the world a better place and I’d resumed a Nic-level of cheer by the time American Idol came on.

Now what this did for the scale?

Yeah, I dunno about that, but I felt better and didn’t jump off my two-story roof, so isn’t that what counts? :o)

Breakfast
1 ½ bagels (315)
Margarine (90)
Scrambled eggs with cheese (190)

Lunch
Lasagna (400)

Workout
52 minutes on stationary bike (304 calories burned)
Dinner
Lasagna (600)
*Uh, yeah, I kicked the wallowing off early by eating cold lasagna while I cooked.
Mac and cheese (1280)
Hot dog (120)

Total calories: 2995

No comments: