Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Day I Added More Food

At no point did I think I would do the unthinkable ... add more food. With just over 24 hours until I said I'd hit 70kg, I realized tonight that I was a bit calorically deficient. Not usually a problem you'll ever see me with which is why I'm not a big snack food person. In my world, little food items don't tide you over until anything... they're just calories to be eaten on top of whatever you'd eat anyway.

But alas, tonight I opted for a snack and heather would be pleased to know that I thought of a banana. which would've been a great choice. Or perhaps some string cheese... a personal fave!

Yeah, none of those were around, but I also didn't have any chocolate, so guess it could be worse.

Interestingly enough my first thought was these pretzels cheese bite things. Thought I could throw a couple in the microwave. Hahahaha... not at 160 calories for, um, two!

To which I thought perhaps I'd underestimated their size. Nope, cracked the box open and each was shorter than my thumb. Now I have ridculously large hands (no really), but those things are smallllll. And y'all have clearly noticed how I get with cheese and carbs. Even at 80 calories apiece, stopping at five would be an achievement.

So... back in the freeze with those, eh?

anyhow, opted for some crispix... my fave cereal! (No, it's not Lucky charms or something else ridiculous.)

Here's the thing... I've always been a calorie label reader. It's never been that I'm uneducated. No, simply that I could give a shit.

So I knew a cup of crispix was 110 calories. I'd just never stopped to pour my cereal into a measuring cup before I put it down my trap. Anyhow, moral of today's story is that a cup of Crispix is kind of a lot. good to know, right?

'Nuff rambling...

Here's the food list...

Breakfast
Two slices Orowheat toast (180)
Egg (70)
Margarine (60)

Snack
Two crackers (24)
(Ok, so two crackers isn't really anything other than grazing food, but for lack of a better term, here's the category it goes into).

Lunch
Two packets Easy Mac (460)

Workout
2.15 miles on treadmill (252)
(Lame on the distance, but I made the mistake of running in a long sleeve shirt and I got to cooking... not workout sweaty, just ovenish... weird, so I gave up)
45 minutes on bike (260)

Dinner
Budget Gourmet Mac and cheese (300)
(Swear I didn't realize I'd eaten mac twice in one day til it was too late!)

Snack
Crispix (110)

Total calories: 1180

Weight: 71.0 kg

No comments: