Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me-heather

I'm hoping that I'm getting punked on my own blog. For reals.

I'll refrain from further comments on the fact that all three of Nikki's meals came out of a box fro the freezer. I'll note that the starchy "vegetable" fried in rancid oil and doused in NaCl as opposed to mineral-loaded Real Salt or Original Crystal Himalayan Salt or even sea salt for goodness sake. And dip? Dip? Dip is normally some mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, and sparing herbs.

What I'd like you to note is the glaring lack of a SINGLE FRUIT OR VEGETABLE. C'mon, even people who have diets I'd describe as abominable manage to force one or two in there.

So here's what I see:
Breakfast:
pork, white flour, eggs, and cheese product

Snack:
diabetes-inducing sugar levels, even in snack size

Lunch:
white flour, oodles of preservatives

Snack:
starch fried in rancid oil, covered in iodized salt. Bring on the puffiness

Dinner:
same thing eaten for breakfast and lunch, just more white flour and preservatives
"real" cheese, no doubt full of, what else, preservatives!

Now, to be fair, the sauce on both the lunch and dinner combined might equal a half serving of veggies, but I can't be sure.

Not throwing stones because I know I ate junk yesterday myself. I was quite frankly ashamed of my measly 5 servings of fruits and veg. Interestingly, this doesn't make me feel any better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a pseudo-outsider on this blog, I have to point out a couple of interesting things about Nikki's food log. 1)The prepackaged foods are marketed as "healthy" options. Scary. 2)1300 calories is definitely not overboard on the intake factor, esp. when the person is exercising regularly. It's no wonder then, that the American public is so misled when it comes to nutritious eating/healthy lifestyles.

Nicole said...

They are "healthy" options. If "healthy" is defined as small portions and lower calories. :o)

And no, 1,300 calories is not overboard, I'm not a fool... You'll see overboard when I spend Saturday at a birthday pub crawl!