Monday, November 24, 2008

Me in the SADness

In a couple of days, we're heading to Ohio for Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, we all gather at my great aunt's house (and have for as long as I can remember). We only missed one year, where we went for Christmas in 2004 because I felt Hadley was too little to make the trip at a scant three weeks old. Sigh, my babies...

Anyhow, I need to prep my body as best I can for what we'll encounter there. They eat the SAD complete with iceberg lettuce, soda, and pork. We'll obviously choose to avoid as much as we can, but I can't see how we'll totally get around it. I'm working on dehydrating some snacks like raw teriyaki almonds and banana chips, and probably some flax crackers to take along so that we have some whole foods nutrition to snack on between meals. Last time we got back from Ohio, the Music Man's request was to eat all raw for a week. He hasn't realized before that time how different he felt eating a steady stream of junk, but it hit us all pretty hard!

Breakfast:
banana (100)
beet and carrot "hot pink" smoothie (320)

Lunch:
tacos (580)
teriyaki almonds (50)
banana (100)

Dinner:
*There are all estimates since Bugaboo Creek doesn't publish nutrition information. I took data from competing restaurants and made some guesses.

bloomin onion thing (200)
grilled trout, steamed veggies, and wild rice (400)
chocolate toffee cake thing (300)

Evening snack:
banana (100)
almonds (50)

Water:
16

fruits and veg:
14

Exercise:
step (475)

Total calories:
2200

Weight:
143.2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grilled trout and wild rice sound absolutely yummy!

heather said...

Oh yes, it was tasty. I wish they'd post nutrition data, then I'd go to Bugaboo Creek more often!