Tuesday, November 25, 2008

T Minus One

Food for the day before the trip. Be back Sunday (though I may post between not and then)!

Today I made some crackers in my dehydrator and thought they turned out pretty well. If you don't care about the raw thing, you could bake these in the oven, but here's what I did:

Heather's Mostly Raw Pizza Crackers:

1/2 c. almonds
1/4 c. raw flax seeds, soaked overnight (this will yield about 1/2 c.)
1/4 c. sundried tomatoes
2 roasted red peppers (I used jarred)
1 t. garlic, minced
2 T. dried onions or 1/2 t. onion powder
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 t. salt
2 T sesame seeds, soaked overnight
small handful grens (I used dehydrated collards, but to each her own)

Spread onto teflexx sheets or parchment paper and dry in dehydrator for about 6 hours at 115 degrees, turn over to mesh screens and dry for a couple more hours. I'd imagine in the oven, you would do 350 degrees for 8-10 mins. So tasty!

I plan to make some nut cheese when we get home, woohoo!

Breakfast:
half banana (50)
cereal and milk (250)
almonds (50)

Lunch:
burrito (350)
yogurt (170)
raw dehydrated flax crackers (75)

Afternoon snack:
green smoothie (210)

Dinner:
carrot cake pancakes (YUUUMMMMM) w/ whipped cream and maple syrup (600)
turkey sausage (110)
more raw crackers (40)
tortilla chips and pico (100)
banana bread (200)


Fruits and veg:
9

Water:
12

Exercise:
Pilates mat (150)

Total calories:
2205

No comments: