Saturday, November 22, 2008

We Need to Squash It

I made that squash mac and cheese, and frankly, I was not impressed. First, it didn't taste at all good. The texture was weird and I had to add a ton more spices than what was listed to make it even moderately palatable. Second, the nutrition information is wrong. It says 200 cals per serving, but the pasta alone at 16 oz would be 1600 calories. I emailed the girl who submitted the recipe, and she stands by the information somehow. I entered it into my tracker on Sparkpeople.com, as did a couple of other people and she won't concede that she made a mistake. How weird.

Breakfast:
cereal and milk (250)

Morning "snack":
Panera pineapple upside down mini bundt cake (520)
Seriously, that's ridiculous. 520 wasted calories on an ok cake with a ring of pineapple around the top. It was moderately tasty, but I could've done a lot better things with 520 calories and $2.59. My only excuse was that I had just come from the gym and was feeling a little lightheaded as I waited my turn to buy my sister her requested gift certificate.

Lunch:
banana (100)
tortilla chips and pico de gallo (250)
nutella bread (150)
I had a moment today. First, I felt like I wasted the calories on that blasted cake. Then I had the nutella bread and you know what? It really wasn't that good. It was just a sugar shot. I know that I'm going to have a ledown that triggers a stronger craving for Nutella, but I had a little mind switch. It's just not worth it. It doesn't taste as good as a green smoothie. It doesn't taste as good as a big ol' taco salad or a sweet potato or a perfect, juicy pear. And since it doesn't taste as good and really it's just giving my body something only SLIGHTLY less junky than, say, Doritos, I think I can lay it down. Freedom.

Dinner:
raw, dehydrated teriyaki almonds (150)
homemade banana chips (50)
eggs 210
turkey sausage (135)
apple (60)
banana (100)

Evening snack:
raw teriyaki almonds (50)
blueberry yogurt (170)

water:
13

fruits and veg:
7--sad

total calories:
2095

exercise:
1 hour step (450)

weight:
144.6

No comments: