Friday, November 21, 2008

Raw and Dehydrated, Day 1

Sounds like a bad day, no?

No really, I'm just trying to work back up to around 60% raw food, and my dehydrator is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Knowing it was on its way, I bought three bunches of browning bananas to make into banana chips and have almonds soaking for teriyaki almonds. Totally excited, I bought the 9 tray Excalibur. Stay tuned for reviews, I think this will help us eat a great deal more raw food and especially move to raw treats.

For breakfast I had my first monomeal, just three small bananas. My immediate goal is to eat four times per day, one of them being a monomeal, and of course getting back to 60%+ raw.

Oh, and check back tomorrow, I'm making the mac and cheese recipe I posted yesterday for dinner tonight!

Breakfast:
three small bananas (240)

Lunch:
organic yogurt (80)
nutella bread (270)
feta and spinach bread (100)
1/2 child's hamburger (no bun ) 100
I'm really craving beef the few days and think I need to increase my iron intake. I have some nori that I need to add to food!


Afternoon snack:
banana (100)
pear (80)
nutella bread (120)


Dinner:
nutella bread (120)
squash mac and cheese w/ broccoli (325)
coconut macaroons (320)
spinach feta bread (120)

water:
12

fruits and veg:
11

Total calories:
1965

Weight:
145 even

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a monomeal? Where you eat only one food? Why?

heather said...

A monomeal is just what you thought, a meal where you eat just one thing, though as much of it as you'd like. I try to do this for breakfast, since it requires very little in terms of transit time from your digestive system. Yet another way to give it a break!

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

Did you get in on Robyn's almond buy (GSG)? I'm still waiting for my 200 lbs of almonds :)

heather said...

No, one of the other girls posted an ebay seller she'd bought from, so I got 30 lbs from him. They're sprouting for me, so I'm pleased. Robyn took the post down, though I don't know if she notified the person who posted, I think her name was Jennifer...