Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 19, 2008 Food Log – Nicole

So I showed one of my coworkers my blog yesterday and, just because she’s the meanest person I know besides myself (and maybe Heather!), Monica sends Alyssa into my office to say “Hey, want a carrot?”

I damn near threw her out of my office, but just for some new blogging material I opted to try the carrot.

Not a fan, but it didn’t make me ill, so that’s a bonus. But the things really don’t have any taste. Why eat something with no taste? What fun is that? So I dunked it in dip. That made things better, but I figure I’d need a container of dip to eat 10 baby carrots which would probably offset the whole “healthful” concept of eating carrots in the first place.

Anyhow, I tried… now for my log…

Breakfast
Bacon Egg and Cheese Lean Pocket (140)
(Or, pork, eggs and white flour as Heather calls it!)

Snack
Chips and dip (Only had a couple, so I’d guess it around 175)
And two bites of carrot

Lunch
1 Package of Easy Mac (230)

Workout
3.95 miles on treadmill (444 calories burned)

Dinner
Pancakes (800)
1 cup skim milk (80)

Total: 1425

Weight: 70.8 kg

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahah....Uhm....Hahahaha.... pardon me while I try and clean up the mess I've made with coffee and my keyboard...You tried TWO BITES of carrot? Oh no, no, no. It's a good thing you're not in my house. I've become the "You-have-to-eat-all-of-your-vegetables-or-no-treats-tonight-I-don't-care-if-you-don't-eat-all-your-chicken-or-rice-but-you-must-eat-all-of-your-vegetables" kind of mom. In your defense, however, I did serve them chicken nuggets for dinner last night--racecar shaped, because the dinosaur ones are "too 'cary" according to The Manimal!

Nicole said...

Now now, before we hate on the 'rents too badly, I did have to eat veggies. I had my pick and usually went with corn or peas which were chosen specifically because they could be swallowed whole. Tried that with lima beans, but it wasn't time efficient... Mushrooms as well, but those just make me gag. :o)

Anonymous said...

I definitely think your diet is much more like mine. Except I have been skipping the exercise part lately. Maybe that's why I am 90 kg.

Ah, but you are right. Kilgrams make it sound so much better.

Nicole said...

Don't they? The world just sounds so much smaller and friendlier in kilos! And see? I'm not the only one who eats out of boxes!