Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Sad, Sad SAD*-heather

Nikki and I hatched this blog idea yesterday. What the heck, right? Inasmuch as she thinks it's so I can get up on my moral high horse that my diet is so far superior to hers (ok, well maybe just a little), really I'm just struggling to hold on to my progress. I still have 20 to 25 lbs. to go to get to my final goal, and I'm a little stuck. I figured a little friendly comparison never hurt anyone.

So what Nikki neglected to tell you, in all her correct assertions, if how different our body types are. I'm 5'2", curvy all over the place and pear-shaped. Voluptuous, if you will. She is t-a-l-l. She'd probably decline to be a fruit because that would be a natural, non-processed food, but if she had to be one, it would be closer to the apple variety. I've never known anyone with legs as slim as hers. I'm muscular and hit 10 hours a week at the gym (give or take) in all sorts of different group ex classes. She has her favorite activities (bike and treadmill, I believe).

So how did we begin? Well, many years ago she and I were in marching band. When she went off to college, I was a senior in high school. We went to the same school for a couple of years. We crammed for econ and watched beauty pageants. She stayed with me one night to make sure my idiotic bulimic self didn't die of a heart attack from ipecac that didn't work. As she would say, "Big fun, good times".

Now that we're both real adults, we don't have tons of time to talk. Figure this will at least keep us in more consistent contact, even if it is in derision!

So yesterday...

Breakfast:
cereal and milk (225)

Morning snack:
pear (80)

Lunch:
salad (150)
squash soup (100)
mini burger (150)

Afternoon snack:
green smoothie (200)
rice cakes (100)

Dinner:
tuna cakes w/ spinach coulis (200)
peanut butter bread (200)
pear (80)

Evening snack:
ghirardelli chocolate squares (180)
cereal (300)

Water:
13 cups

Fruits and veg:
13

Total Calories:
1965

Exercise:
Kickboxing 60 min (500)
Reformer 60 min (175)

Weight:
145 (or 66 kilos), find the calculator here.

*The SAD is an acronym for the Standard American Diet. :)

No comments: