Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How to Survive Restaurant Eating ( but just barely)-heather

Late Monday evening, I got a call from a secret shopping service that I use asking if I wanted to do a mystery shop for Longhorn Steakhouse. I hadn't done one for them in about a year, and I can't turn down a free meal, so I said I'd take it. Longhorn doesn't provide nutrition information, so I took my best guess based on similar restaurant food (like Ted's Montana Grill and Ruby Tuesday). Also, for this shop we were required to order an appetizer and dessert. Ugh, you almost had to roll me out of there! I'm green all right, as in nauseous!

Breakfast:

cereal and organic milk (250)

Morning snack:
peanut butter bread (200)

Lunch:
organic yogurt (110)
pear (80)
homemade raw almond butter and bread (250)

Afternoon snack:
pear (80)

Dinner:
Here we go, this is all my best guess
multi-grain bread (150)
chicken appetizer (250)
seasonal veggies (150)
1/2 burger with swiss (500)
1/3 chocolate stampede (900)

Total calories:
2920

Exercise:
none, skipped Zumba

Water:
11 cups

Fruits and veg:
(sad) 5

Remind me to never eat again. Ever.

No comments: