Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day... bring on the food

First off, I blew the weight goal... got cocky and ate too much salt Wednesday night when I didn't give proper credence to how much it would make me retain water.

Thus the scale snickered when it popped up with 70.1 on Turkey Day morning. Further, I can't be sure, but I swear I heard it say ''Dumbass.''

Whatever. I'll win the next one.

So I haven't been home for Turkey Day in years as I always have single friends around here to do the holiday with. Not this year... drops in plane ticket prices meant everyone ran home. You'd think this would be good for the diet... You just might be on crack then because all this means is that I was going to fix my faves with no one to split the damage with. On the upside, being home alone wasn't bad at all...

even got a workout in, though you would not believe how packed the gym is at 9 a.m. on Turkey Day. Even better, my friend Becky mentioned her fabulous spin instructor was teaching a 90 minute class at 9 and silly me didn't realize that room would be a packed house before 8!

But I did stay and work out, so that's a bonus, but seriously, only in the Springs...

On to the food... I soooo put heather to shame...

Workout
2000m on rower (104 calories burned)
38 minutes on bike (220 calories burned)

Breakfast
Pancakes (800)

Dinner
Guesstimate... (mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, mac and cheese, turkey dog... shut up, I don't know what to do with actual turkey) ... (3260)
Half piece pumpkin pie (250)
(Not particularly because I'm a good person, but more because i thought I might undergo a stomach rupture)

Total Calories: 4510

Weight: 70.1kg

No comments: