Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15--The Whole Stack

So a while ago, Nikki wrote about how I "inspired" her to work up to the whole stack on the seated leg press. I'm the girl at the gym who only takes classes because I'm far too lazy to hit the treadmill (and have bad knees), but last night I was upstairs waiting for my Pilates Reformer class, so I sat down and tried it. I started at 220 because I haven't done it in years, and found it fairly easy to pump out 2 sets of 16 reps. Moved it up to 260 and did 1 set of 16 reps, but stopped because a) I was heading into Reformer, and single leg work on that puppy is harder than any stack of weights and b) did I mention I have bad knees?

The whole stack on that machine was 400 lbs, and I'd say I probably max out around 360 these days. One day in the middle of the week (when I come off of my 5 day cardio binge, I don't do cardio on Wednesday and Thursday), I'll give it a shot. But for a first time back, 260 isn't half bad.

Breakfast:
banana (100)
cereal and milk (250)

Lunch:
2 eggs, scrambled (140)
yogurt (80)
pear (80)
1/2 kids' cheeseburger--told you i've been starving lately (300)

Afternoon snack:
green smoothie (150)

Dinner:
pancakes and maple syrup (400)
sausage (180)
naan with peanut butter (200)
banana (100)

Water:
13

Fruits and veg:
11

Exercise:
reformer (150)

Total Calories:
1980

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Point of clarification... The stack appears to have gotten bigger since we were in school. I think at my gym it's 450 or so. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is my sorry self trying to work my way up to 450. Not a chance... I would like to hit 300 just to prove a point... Oh, and I think I should get a handicap as I have to move the weight further than Heather does. :o)