Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Smoothie Day

December 1, 2008

Heather should be (kinda) proud... On Black Friday I took advantage of the Kohl's sale and bought a Smoothie maker.

(and yes, I'm 29-years-old and i've never owned a blender... don't say it...)

So this morning I decided to give it a run with a banana chocolate smoothie.

Here's what I learned:

1. I like smoothies Fribble-thick so I halved the milk and tossed in an extra half cup ice.
2. Damn 1 serving is HUGE! Thing filled up a bar glass with a bit leftover.
3. While it was tasty, that's a lotta drink and I couldn't kill the thing before it started to melt.
4. something that thick and that cold takes forever to suck down.
5. Anyone who replies that I should take it in the car with me has never seen snow.
6. While yummy, I probably should've chased it with a hardboiled egg to get some protein to carry me longer than 9:30.
7. I'm disturbed by the notion that you can throw raw eggs into smoothies. uncooked eggs have one place in food... carbonara. That's it.

On to the food log...

Breakfast
3/4 chocolate and banana Smoothie (115)

Snack
Two crackers (24)

Lunch
Four cheese Lean Pocket (280)

Workout
53 minutes on stationary bike (322 calories burned

Dinner
Three servings spaghetti (600)
Vodka sauce (120)
Olive oil (120)
Parmesan (100)
Margarine (30)
Crescent rolls (425)

Total Calories (1714)

Weight: 70.5

3 comments:

heather said...

I'm impressed that you bought one! I think I must just have a larger stomach than you, because I can easily down a quart of green smoothie 2 hours after lunch. Did I say yum? Now next time toss some spinach into that bad boy, and you've got some real veggies (or greens, which are typically considered their own category)!

Nicole said...

Oh no, my stomach's plenty large! Hahaha... It's just that it takes so long to drink the thing. We'll see on the spinach. Next time I do a grocery run that doesn't involve a Walgreen's I'll consider it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Heather turned me on to the green smoothies, too. YUM!!! And I'm trying to work the magic to convert more. :)

But what is this about putting raw eggs into a smoothie? Did I read this correctly?