Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Back...Though Still a Slacker

December 21, 2008 – Nicole’s Food Log

Getting behind is one of those things that I do frequently, but yowsers it’s difficult to dig out of…

So I fell off the face of the earth for the past week because I had this notion that I couldn’t just skip a few days of blogging, that if I was going to hop back on, I had to write up everything I missed and when you’re behind by one day that’s fine, but when one becomes five, it gets overwhelming until you come full circle and finally say “Screw it. We’re starting over again.”

So that’s where we are. I’m back in the DYT for the holidays where I’ve been since Friday night and I have to say this place is a fat trap. It’s wayyyyy too cold to do anything outdoors that’s more strenuous than walking to your car, nobody works out and the combination of holiday eating plus my penchant for foods that can only be found in the Midwest all spells “let’s see if we can pack on a pound for every day I’m home.”

Now I brought a scale with me to assess the damage as I go, but haven’t actually had the nerve to use it. Guess I’ll get on that (literally) tomorrow.

On to the food…

Breakfast

2 Biscuits (340) Margarine (100) Scrambled eggs (180)

Lunch

Two Skyline coneys (700)
½ order of Fries (250)

*Yeah, so Skyline has no nutritional value, but I do dump 60% of the cheese off… and, more to the point, they’re YUMMY GOODNESS. For those not from Ohio, Cincinnati chili is so fabulous you can actually go online and buy party packs to be shipped to you so you can recreate it for all your friends. And not only is there no Skyline in Colorado, but when you go to the grocery store and ask for hot dog chili sauce they look at you like you’re crazy…

Dinner

Lipton Fettucine (500)

Workout

Yeah, right…

Total Calories: 2070… gosh, that coulda been worse… oh wait… I forgot the cookies…

Post Lunch Snack

Three peanut butter cookies (600?)Two cups milk (160)

New total Calories: 2830… That’s better.

4 comments:

Fox and Dawg said...

Some of us in Dayton do work out ;) Not as much as you and Heather.. but it does happen on a reasonably regular basis..
-Gwyn

Nicole said...

Ok, I didn't mean the entire city... Hahaha... Though really, what part of -18 degrees is conducive to doing anything besides sitting on your ass and eating Skyline? (Though, the kid brother's gf works at Coldstone and I should get credit for refraining from making a takeout request...)

Oh yeah, and don't lump Heather and I into the same sentence... I've spent my past week barely moving and scarfing latkes like it's my job while Miss Thang was talking about whether she was going to hit the gym the day she left for vacation!

heather said...

For the record, I didn't go to the gym the day we left for vacation. AND stupid Bally doesn't have classes today, tomoorow, or Saturdy. What is up with THAT?!

Nicole said...

That sucks... though I am mildly considering hitting a class at the Bally's here, but as I haven't been highly impressed, I'm a lil leery of classes...