Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Day I Learned to Eat the Baby Cheeseburger

January 5, 2009 – Nicole’s Food Log

I had today all planned out to be a nice, light food day. And then I realized that there were more important things in life… like Buckeye football.

For those living in a hole somewhere, Ohio State played (and tragically lost to) Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. I’d planned on watching the game at home with some frozen Weight Watchers thing until my friends Becky and Julie (a Texas girl… that was interesting! Hahaha…) invited me over. The catch? As we’d all just gotten back from the break, there was no food in the kitchen, so I’d have to pick up some fast food on the way over.

Hmmmmm…. Ordinarily this would be a recipe for disaster, but it actually worked out ok… while some would say this would be an excellent opportunity to try out one of wendy’s new salads, I’m calling bullshit on that right now. No way.

That said, I’m a quarter pounder girl, but I’ve recently become aware that the “baby burgers” at most of these places only pack around 300 calories a piece. But could I (who am happiest with a 6-7 oz. piece of yummyness dripping with bacon, fat and extra cheese) really like a baby burger?

Well, figured we might as well try it out and see.

And, if all else failed, I figured I’d order a big set of fries if it turned out that I really could pack the little thing down in 30 seconds flat.

The verdict? Surprisingly the baby burger (ok, fine: “Junior Cheeseburger.”) was tasty and decently filling. For a moment I considered ordering baby fries too, but then threw that idea right out the window. I part because I did the math in my head and knew I was in a bit of a caloric hole and, well, frankly because I wanted a bunch of fries, alright?

On to the food…

Breakfast
Slice of OroWheat Bread (90)
½ tbs peanut butter (50)

Snack
Lean pocket bacon egg and cheese (150)

Lunch
Smart Ones Baked Ziti (300)

Snack
Premium crackers (60)

Workout
3,000m on rower (161 calories burned)
23 minutes on stationary bike (139 calories burned)

Dinner
Junior cheeseburger (300)
Biggie fries (460)

Total: 1410

Weight: 72.0kg

2 comments:

heather said...

What's funny about that? I thought you means like a slider. And I thought to myself, "Heck, 1 slider isn't even enough for ME, and I'm not a huge burger fan"...

Nicole said...

Oooh, shudder... never been a slider fan... too much grease with no substance (yeah, I actually just said that!) You need half a bag or something to be filling and then you move into the bathroom. Think I'll pass! :o)