Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12-Starting to Feel Better--heather

Yesterday was a crazy day, in one of those good ways, except for the ravenously hungry thing. I keep forgetting how hard calorie cycling is because, at the end of the low calorie day which you spend practically starving, you have a bigger day, which sets up up to be just as hungry the following day, which is low calorie again. Sigh. It wasn't such a problem in the summer when I was working out 15 hours a week and therefore wasn't home much, but it is now that it's cold and there's not much we can do outside.

I know that calorie cycling works because it leaves you feeling hungry. It's showing me that my body's hormones are ramping up my hunger on the low days to achieve homeostasis, exactly what calorie cycling is designed to prevent. It doesn't seem like a nice thing to do, on either end!

Anyhow, so I need to decide if I can commit to calorie cycling and just do it and quit whining or if I'm just not ready. Those size 7 jeans are seeming further and further away, and that doesn't make me happy.

Breakfast:
green smoothie (160)
dehydrator cookie (80)
sweet potato chips (50)

Lunch:
chicken (100)
eggs (140)
orange (50)
sweet potato chips (25)

Afternoon snack:
green smoothie (110)
dehydrated cookie (80)
sweet potato chips (30)
swiss cheese (70)
half a cheeseburger (175)


Dinner:
licorice (240)
honey lentils (120)
green beans (20)
banana (70)
dehydrator cookie (80)

Evening snack:
rice cake (50)

Water:
14

Fruits and veg:
11

Exercise:
90 Mins Reformer (200)

Total calories:
1650

Weight:
144.4

No comments: