Thursday, January 22, 2009

So It’s Been Awhile

January 19, 2009 – Nicole’s Food Log

Ok, so I haven’t blogged in a while and I’m backlogged to boot. Decided to cut down on my catching up as really it’s all the same… Variations of ok-bad eating combined with life on a bike and I’m still sick.

I reintroduced rowing last week which was a good thing, though it pains me to see that I’m anywhere between 18 seconds and a full minute slower than usual due to my crappy lungs.

Speaking of which, consulted a doc (ironically from Heather’s neck of the woods) and the thought is that I originally had the flu which turned into a secondary bacterial infection of bronchitis.

Which would explain why the shaking, aches and fever stopped, but I’m breathing kinda like a 70-year-old smoker.

Fun, right?

So last week I ran into a triathlete friend of mine while in the gym and we were discussing the fact that I don’t really cook… at least nothing that involves a recipe anyway.

He gave me a little hell and an encouraging pep talk that I should cook more often, but cook what I really like to cook.

Thus I decided that once a week (baby steps people) I’m going to try and fix something that actually involves directions not affiliated with a blue box and a kraft label.

Anyhow, I fixed quiche for breakfast on Saturday and have been eating it every morning since.

Truly, who doesn’t love quiche? Ok, probably Heather, but I’m a fan.

And no, don’t even ask if I made the crust. Let’s not be silly…

Breakfast
Quiche (560)

Snack
Wheat thin (9)

Lunch
Frozen fettucine (300)

Workout
3,000m row (157 calories burned)
55 minutes on bike (295 calories burned)

Dinner
Bowtie pasta (630)
Sauce (70)
Parmesan (40)

Total Calories: 1609

Weight: 70.6kg

No comments: