Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Day the Key Broke

January 25, 2009 – Nicole’s Food Log

So, after yesterday’s food frenzy, I resolved to have a better day today. Um, until my friend Jess called me for lunch.

I’d nearly forgotten that I’d called her to see if she wanted to grab a drink after she got off work (she had a game that night) and she’d said she couldn’t but wanted to do lunch… which is never a good thing for the diet.

And thus I suggested Extreme Pizza which I thought, at least, could get me away from any restaurant with a bread basket.

And since EP is in the same complex as my gym I thought I’d get a workout in.

Right… until I left for the gym, realized I’d left something inside the house and promptly had my key break.

(AND NO… THERE WASN’T A SPARE IN A ROCK OR THE CAR OR WITH A MOUSE…)

So, an hour later I was now $59 in the whole to the locksmith and later for my afternoon than I intended.

After talking to Jess, I realized that I did have about 15 minutes before she’d get there for lunch, so in my frantic attempt to do SOMETHING not crappy, I went to the gym, got on the treadmill, jacked the speed up at least a bit from usual and ran for a mile.

And then I went and ate crap.

But the good news is I did go back to work out afterwards. And dinner was out of a frozen box to minimize the complete damage at least.

Well, kinda…

Breakfast
Two slices Orowheat (180)
Margarine (60)
Egg (70)

Workout
1 mile run (117 calories burned)

Lunch
Slice of cheese pizza (460?)
Marinara sauce (100?)
Twisted sticks (1200?)

Workout
45 minutes on bike (240 calories burned)

Dinner
Frozen mac and cheese (310)

Calories: 2380

Weight: 71.4kg

No comments: